ALL INDIA ASSOCIATION OF CATHOLIC SCHOOLS (AINACS)
WHAT IS AINACS?
AINACS is a non-governmental Association, representing Catholic Schools in India. It was founded in 1953.Registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860, in January 1971.Recognised by the Catholic Bishop’s Conference of India in September 1981 Affiliated to the International Catholic Education Organisation (OIEC) Brussels in 1958.
AINACS WAS FOUNDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF :
• To bring Catholic Schools to an awareness of the changes taking place in education.
• To promote education according to the ideal of the Christian community and in the interest of national development.
• To co-ordinate the work of members in India at the national, state and local levels, in order to foster a common policy of education.
• To initiate and to further the study of educational problems, to collect and circulate useful and worthwhile information, and to provide consultancy and field services to members.
• To represent the interests of the members before governments, universities, education departments and other authorities concerned.
• To establish the Catholic School as an educational community in which teachers, parents and pupils co-operate.
• To ensure that the Catholic school is a component of life long education preparing not only for a profession but for life.
A landmark in the history of of AINACS was the setting up of its National Office at CBCI Centre, New Delhi and Sr. M. Pia RJM, the General Secretary of AINACS in 1972